Senior Vice President, McGuireWoods Consulting
Companies turn to Tom to build high-performing legal departments aligned with strategic business priorities.
As an adviser and innovator for 25 years, Tom has been in the in-house trenches with some of the world’s largest banks and automakers. In 2021, he brought that know-how to McGuireWoods Consulting, where he oversees MWAccel — a novel, customized service that helps clients improve legal operations and run their law departments like businesses.
Tom understands the critical “more with less” challenges legal departments face as budgets stagnate, regulatory complexity grows, risk increases and workloads explode. Simply put, through MWAccel Tom ensures departments are running on all cylinders through:
- KPI reports, metrics and dashboards;
- outside counsel oversight and convergence;
- organizational alignment with strategic priorities;
- project management, process improvement and change management strategies;
- innovation via smart automation;
- evaluation and enhancement of in-house technology; and
- insight into other organizational and legal operational issues.
Tom graduated with distinction from the University of Michigan-Dearborn with degrees in finance and marketing. He earned his J.D., magna cum laude, from the University of Michigan Law School, where he was a member of the Order of the Coif. He is a member of the Hispanic National Bar Association.